Bed bugs travel from one room to another and from one apartment to the other.
Bed bugs feed on blood by biting their victims. One of the early signs of bed bug infestation would be a group of bites and perhaps small blood stains on bed linens.
Bed bugs range in size from as small as a poppy seed to the larger adults which are about the size of an apple seed.
Bed bugs can be carried in personal belongings such as purses, suitcases, and laptops.
Bed bugs can be extremely difficult to eliminate. After treatment by one of our pest control technicians, extra care will be required by the customer in maintaining a clean bed bug free environment.
Where Can Bed Bugs Be Found?
Of course, bed bugs can be found in beds, bed linens, bed frames, and box springs.
They can also be found:
- Inside drawers
- Inside electronics such as clocks and radios.
- Even under light switch covers.
- Beneath door jambs
- In upholstered furniture and furniture frames
Preparation For Bed Bug Treatment
Once we have determined the presence of bed bugs, some preparation of the environment will be required prior to our application.
- Remove all bed linens and clothing from drawers and closets and place into clear plastic bags until these items can be laundered. DO NOT RE-USE THESE PLASTIC BAGS.
- Wash and dry all bedding and clothing on hot settings. Always dry on HIGH setting for at least 30 minutes. This will kill bed bugs that may be in these items.
- Items that cannot be washed should be placed in clear plastic bags and carefully inspected for bed bug infestation. DO NOT RE-USE THESE PLASTIC BAGS.
- Reduce the amount of clutter in your living space to allow for a thorough treatment, providing access to all walls, closets, space around the beds, furniture, and baseboards.
- Remove outlet covers and switch plates on all walls.
- Store cleaned items in plastic bags away from the problem.
- Vacuum and wash the floors and dispose of any vacuum bags. They will contain live bed bugs.
- Residents and their pets must leave the premises during application.
- Cover any fish tanks with plastic.
- Do not return items to the infested area until the area can be declared bed bug free.
- Do not attempt to use any store bought bug killers. This will simply spread the bed bugs into other areas of the premises.
- Do not pick up discarded items on the street. They may be infested with bed bugs. Always inspect any used furniture purchased.